Wednesday 25 July 2018

Fringing

I have not been much a fringer in the past but I have always had it on my list. This year my aunt was visiting from BC and she is always open to adventure and a friend was able to take a little time off during the day one day. I was able to check out The Cube with some of the free entertainment as well as 2 shows.

We picked our shows based on time availability mostly. Both shows were at noon during the week. My aunt and I headed down early so I could take her over to Parlour Coffee and then to Toad in the Hole for some shopping for her granddaughter. We then went over to the Planetarium where our show would be. I like that venue as it is comfortable and there is easily accessible bathrooms. We enjoyed the show a lot. It was called Traveltheatrics and was about a young woman who loves to travel from a very young age. She tells about several some are very light and fun and some are dark and scary but ends with how she has overcome and learnt a lot about herself and the world. We then had lunch at my favourite downtown lunch spot, Clementines, and then checked out the free entertainment at The Cube.

photo credit: Patricia Dandeneau




The next time I was able to get downtown to watch a show was with my friend. We decided to go to see one called F Words. I thought it was so hilarious I could have peed my pants! And it was a really good thing I had asked outside if there was a washroom inside as there was no washroom at that venue and had to go use the portapotties in The Cube area. Honestly, that one was so funny I would love to see it again. But those who know me know I am a sweary pants so to have a song entirely about the ultimate F-word was up my alley. So was the fact that she was talking about being Forty, Fat & Forgotten. It was just so relatable and done in a hilarious manner.

When that was done we went back to The Cube and both hit up some food trucks and took in a show there. It was not nearly as good as the Firefighter Clowns from Australia but it was ok. The food was awesome. I had perogies and Amanda had deep fried cheese curds from the Bothwell truck.

When you get the chance, get out to a couple fringes. Read the write ups and reviews and see what calls to you and get out and see some.


No comments:

Post a Comment